Fiber not given but this recipe is good for fiber...with the black beans... Take Care, Gloria
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Express Lane Diabetic Cooking
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups low-fat, low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup diced canned tomatoes, drained
- 2 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 lb cubed cooked deli chicken
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- In a large stockpot over medium-high heat, heat the oil.
- Add the onion and saute for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, almonds, and spices.
- Bring to a boil,lower the heat, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the chicken and beans and simmer for 10 more minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
- 276 Calories | 31g protein | 40 mg cholesterol | 7g fat | 25g carbs
- Exchanges: 1 starch | 1 vegetable | 4 very lean meat | 1 monounsaturated fat
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.