Chicken And Biscuit Casserole
- 1/4 Cup butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Cup Onion, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup celery, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Baby carrots, Chopped
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Teaspoons white sugar
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon Dried basil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 4 Cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 Ounce) Can Peas
- 4 Cups Chicken Meat, Cooked And Cubed
- 2 Cups buttermilk Biscuit Mix
- 2 Teaspoons Dried basil
- 2/3 Cup milk
- 1 Preheat Oven to 350 Degrees f (175 Degrees C).
- 2 in a Medium Size Skillet, Melt The butter or margarine Over MediumHigh Heat And Saute The garlic, Onion, celery And carrots. Add TheFlour, sugar, salt, 1 Teaspoon Dried basil, pepper And Broth And BringTo a Boil. Cook For 1 Minute, Stirring. Reduce Heat. Add The Peas AndSimmer For 5 Minutes, Still Stirring. Stir in The Chicken, Mix AllTogether, And Pour The Mixture Into a Greased 9x13 Inch Baking Dish.
- 3 to Make Biscuits: Combine The Biscuit Mix And 2 Teaspoons Dried basil.Stir in The milk Until You Have a Dough. Divide The Dough Into 6 to 8Balls. on Floured Wax Paper, Use The Palm of Your hand to Flatten EachIndividual Ball of Dough Into a Circular Shape.
- 4 Place These 'discs' of Dough on Top of Your Chicken Mixture. BakeUncovered in The Preheated Oven For 30 Minutes. Cover And Bake For 10More Minutes. to Serve, Place Biscuit on Plate First, Then Spoon ChickenMixture on Top of Biscuit.
Makes 6 Servings
==contributed by :== * Catsrecipes Y-Group
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.