This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Smyth Estate in Plano, Texas in 1990.
- ¾ pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 clove garlic minced
- 1½ cups salsa
- 16 ounce can black beans undrained
- 1 large red bell pepper chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- 12 flour tortillas
- 1½ cups pepper jack cheese shredded
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tomato diced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut chicken into short thin strips.
- Cook bacon until crisp then remove to paper towel and crumble.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons drippings.
- Cook and stir chicken and garlic in drippings until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in ½ cup of the salsa, beans, red pepper, cumin and salt then simmer until thickened stirring occasionally.
- Stir in green onions and reserved bacon.
- Spoon bean mixture down center of each tortilla then top with cheese and roll up.
- Place seam side down in lightly greased rectangular baking dish.
- Spoon remaining salsa evenly over enchiladas and bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with dollops of sour cream and diced tomatoes.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.