- Directions for chicken and dumplings: disjoint chicken and remove skin; place in large pan.
- Add water, salt, celery, and onion; simmer 1 to 2 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove chicken from bone; return chicken to chicken stock.
- Bring chicken and stock to a boil; add rolled dumplings.
- Cover and boil gently 8 to 10 minutes.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add milk to make a stiff dough.
- Roll dough out to about ⅛ inch thickness and cut into 1 inch strips, squares or diamonds.
Chicken pot pie Edit
- To make a chicken pot pie, put mixture in a deep dish, cover with a rolled pastry dough to fit, making several slashes in the top.
- The top crust would add calories to the total.
- You may add peas, carrots, mushrooms if you like. Those ingredients are not in the original recipe.
Nutritional information Edit
Each serving ¾ cup, may be exchanged for 2 medium fat meat, 1 starch.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.