- 1 lbs chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- 2 bananas, small
- 3 peaches, medium, pitted
- 3 plums, medium, pitted
- vegetable cooking spray
- curry powder
- 1 cup leeks, chopped or green onions and tops
- 2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp dijon-style mustard
- 2 tsp distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tbsp water, cold
- 2 tbsp nutrasweet
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces; cut each piece of fruit into 8 pieces.
- Thread chicken and fruit onto 16 small wood or metal skewers
- Spray with cooking spray and sprinkle lightly with curry powder.
- Grill kabobs over medium coals, or broil 6 inches from heat source, until chicken is done, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once.
- Arrange kabobs on serving plates
- Spoon mustard-leek sauce over.
- Sauté leeks in oil until tender in a small saucepan.
- Stir in chicken broth, mustard, vinegar, curry powder, and pepper; heat to boiling.
- Mix cornstarch and water; stir into boiling mixture.
- Boil, stirring constantly, until thickened, about 1 minute.
- emove from heat; let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in nutrasweet.
Makes about 1 ½ cups. makes 4 entrée or 8 appetizer servings.
Serving size: 2 kabobs with 3 tb of sauce.
- Calories: 180