- 1 lb skinless chicken breasts cut in 1" strips
- 2 small onions cut in wedges (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tsp cooking sherry
- 1½ tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup chopped cashews
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¾ cup cold chicken broth or water
- 1 lb fresh broccoli
- Put chicken in medium bowl with soy sauce, cooking sherry, salt and garlic; let stand for 10 minutes.
- Cut broccoli tops into flowerets and stems into 2" strips; set aside.
- In large skillet, heat oil until hot.
- Add chicken mixture; stir-fry until lightly browned, 2 to 3 minutes, adding cashews for last minute.
- Remove from skillet with slotted spoon draining as much oil as possible.
- Add onions and broccoli; stir-fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and broth; add to vegetables.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened, about 1 minute.
- Add cashews and reserved chicken; cook and stir 1 minute longer.
- Serve over steamed rice, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.