- 1 stick margarine ½ cup / 125 ml
- 4 medium onions
- ½ cup flour 56 g
- 1 cup low-fat evaporated milk or fresh milk 250 ml
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 – 3 cups left over chicken
- 1 egg yolks
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs 375 g
- ¼ lb cheese grated 1 cup / 112 g
- Heat frying pan add ½ stick margarine sauté the onions until tender.
- (do not burn) remove from heat.
- Add flour and milk gradually to make a thick sauce.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add chopped chicken, and egg yolk.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Grease pie dish and set aside.
- Mix bread crumbs with the other ½ stick of margarine.
- Press this mixture in the bottom and side of a 9" pie dish.
- Fill with chicken and onion mixture.
- Garnish top with grated cheese.
- Bake for about 30 minutes in moderate oven 350°F / 180°C.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.