Makes 6 servings
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, slivered
- 3 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 cups chicken consommé
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ cup ham, slivered
- ¼ cup sherry
- Dust chicken with flour seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Brown on all sides in butter in large skillet.
- Remove chicken.
- Add onions, green onions and green pepper to skillet; cook 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add tomatoes, consommé, bay leaf and parsley.
- Cover tightly and cook 20 minutes over low heat.
- Add rice, ham and sherry; cover and continue to cook 30 minutes longer.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.