Makes 6 servings.
- 2½ pound frying chicken, cut up
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- ¾ cup sliced green onions
- ½ cup chopped green pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 tomatoes, cut into eighths
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Season chicken with half of salt and black pepper.
- Melt butter in large skillet; add chicken and cook over medium heat, turning to brown on all sides. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add onions, green pepper and parsley to skillet; cook until onions are tender.
- Add rice, tomatoes, chili powder, remaining salt, pepper and broth. Bring to a boil; stir well.
- Place chicken pieces on top. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 30 minutes, or until chicken is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.