Makes 4 servings
- ½ pound boneless chicken breast chunks
- salt, ground black pepper, and paprika
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- ½ pound fully-cooked smoked sausage, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Season chicken with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Brown chicken in oil in large skillet over high heat; remove chicken.
- Add onions, celery and peppers to oil; cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken, sausage, rice, salt, garlic, black pepper, red pepper and broth; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.