This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the White Estate in Frisco, Texas in 1984.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 white onions chopped
- 2 small green peppers chopped
- 2 small red peppers chopped
- 2 celery ribs chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup cooked string beans
- 1 cup chopped pieces of chicken
- 1 pound macaroni
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup buttered bread crumbs
- Sauté onions, peppers and celery in oil until soft.
- Add peas and meat.
- Cook macaroni until al dente then drain well and place in a baking dish.
- Stir in the vegetable meat sauce and sprinkle with salt and black pepper then stir well.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs then place under broiler for 7 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.