- 2 pounds smoked Sausage
- 1 large white Onion, chopped
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne or red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Boil the Chicken pieces in a large pot with water and salt. When tender, remove the Chicken, reserving the stock. Tear the meat, discarding the skin, into bite-sized pieces.
- Cook the rice in 7 cups of the reserved stock seasoned with 2 bay leaves.
- While the rice cooks, cut the Sausage into bite-sized pieces and saute with the Onion, green pepper, garlic, celery, hot sauce, 2 bay leaves and cayenne pepper. Cook until tender, skim off the fat and add the tomato sauce and tomatoes. Combine with the rice and the Chicken pieces. Let the mixture sit for a while for flavors to mingle. When ready to serve, add raw chopped green onions.
- Serve with hot crispy bread and a good green salad with vinaigrette dressing.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.