from my Aunt Barbara's collection (notation on card says Bethany's favorite Chicken recipe – dated 1904)
- 1 young Chicken
- 4 cups water
- 3 cups heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ small white onion, diced
- Let Chicken soak for about 10 minutes in salted water.
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Cut Chicken in small pieces and place in Dutch oven.
- Cover with water and boil for 45 minutes over medium heat.
- Drain stock.
- Add cream, Onion and seasonings.
- Boil again until meat is tender.
- Serve with new potatoes and young green peas.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.