This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Hoffman Estate in Grand Prairie, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 5 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup coriander
- 5 tablespoons sesame paste
- 4 tablespoons thin soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons shao hsing
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons hot chili oil
- 2 scallions green only chopped
- ½ teaspoon szechwan peppercorns
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- In a mortar and pestle puree the garlic and coriander then transfer mixture to a bowl and add sesame paste, soy sauce, shao hsing, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, chili oil and scallions then mix together.
- Brown peppercorns in a dry cast iron skillet over low heat for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Grind then sieve them and add to the bowl with the sauce.
- Boil chicken breasts in lightly salted water for 7 minutes then refresh them under cold water.
- When cool skin and bone them then pull meat into strips.
- Arrange meat on a serving plate and pour sauce over and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.