Chicken in honey
- 3 1/2 lb Chicken
- 2 pinches fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup crumbled macaroons
- salt and pepper, to season
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh basil
- 3 Tbs honey
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Combine the macaroons, almonds, and beaten egg and season with basil and a pinch of black pepper.
- Season the cavity of a Chicken with salt and pepper and stuff with almond mixture.
- Sew or skewer the vents and truss the wings and legs close to body.
- Prick the skin with tines of a fork and rub it with mixture of oil and honey.
- Roast the Chicken in moderate oven at 350 F., basting frequently with melted butter and pan juices.
- Cook for about 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.