Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 6 ounces portobello mushrooms, coarsely chopped (about 2½ cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ to ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ cup gluten-free chicken broth
- 4 Italian plum tomatoes, quartered
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Sauté onion, mushrooms, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, oregano, and basil until onions are translucent, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth, tomatoes, and zucchini and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in chicken, cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Nutritional information Edit
Per serving (285 g-wt.):
- 220 calories (80 from fat) | 9g total fat | 1g saturated fat | 26g protein | 10g total carbohydrate (2g dietary fiber, 4g sugar) | 60mg cholesterol | 640mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.