Purchased from the Colvin Estate in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1989. Notation on card indicates this is a weekly meal in the Colvin House. Dated 1974.
- 6 skinless boneless Chicken breasts
- 1 medium head cabbage, quartered
- 1 pound carrots, cut into 1" pieces
- water to cover
- 4 cubes Chicken bouillon
- 1-teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4-cup water
- Rinse Chicken and place in slow cooker.
- Rinse cabbage and place on top of Chicken, and then add carrots.
- Add enough water to almost cover all.
- Add bouillon cubes and sprinkle liberally with poultry seasoning.
- Add Creole seasoning.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Make gravy by pouring off some of the juice and place in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Dissolve cornstarch in about 1/4 cup water.
- Add to saucepan and simmer all together until thick.
- Serve gravy over Chicken and potatoes.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.