- 2 cloves garlic — chopped
- salt and pepper — to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon saffron
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 large chicken — cut into pieces
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 bunch parsley — chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro — chopped
- 3 medium green onion — chopped
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 small red onion — chopped
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- Combine garlic, salt, pepper, ginger and saffron.
- Add ½ butter and stir well.
- Rub it all over chicken.
- Allow to marinate overnight.
- Put chicken in large pan.
- Add ½ parsley and cilantro, green onions, cinnamon stick and just enough water to cover; bring to boil, simmer 1 hour.
- Melt remaining butter and saute red onion until well browned.
- Remove chicken from pan; add onion, chickpeas and remaining herbs to the remaining liquid, simmer until liquid is reduced to a sauce.
- Add lemon juice, remove from heat; discard the cinnamon, pour sauce over chicken and sprinkle with remaining parsley and cilantro and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.