- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas
- 14½ ounce can diced tomatoes in juice
- 14 ounce package veggie ground meat, crumbled
- 3 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1-inch piece cinnamon stick
- Drain the chickpeas and reserve ¾ cup liquid.
- In a 3½-quart or larger electric slow cooker, combine the chickpeas with the reserved liquid, the diced tomatoes with liquid, Lightlife Gimme Lean™, garlic, onion and ginger.
- Stir in the pepper, cloves, cumin, cardamom, coriander, salt, bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Cover and cook at low setting for 8 to 9 hours.
- Remove and discard the bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.