Traditional chickpea soup (shorbat bi hummus).
- 1 cup Chickpeas soaked overnight in
- 9 cup water
- 2 tbl butter
- 2 med Onion diced
- 4 x cloves garlic crushed
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder
- 1 pch cayenne pepper
- In a saucepan, bring Chickpeas and their soaking water to a boil and then cook over medium heat for 1+1/2 hours.
- In a separate pan, stir-fry the onions and garlic in the butter until they begin to brown.
- Add the coriander leaves and stir-fry for a few moments longer, then add the contents of the frying pan and the remaining ingredients to the Chickpeas.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 1 hour or until the Chickpeas are tender.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.