- 112⅔ grams chickpeas (dried) or 300 grams chickpeas (canned)
- 7½ ml lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- 2½ ml sunflower oil
- 125 grams mushrooms
- 12½ grams sunflower margarine
- 12½ grams wholemeal flour
- 150 ml water
- 12½ grams soy cheese
- 12½ grams breadcrumbs
- Slice the mushrooms and grate the cheese.
- Soak the dried chickpeas / butter beans as instructed on the packet.
- Drain, and cook in a pan of unsalted boiling water for 40 – 50 minutes or until tender.
- If using canned beans, just drain.
- Put the beans in a large greased ovenproof dish.
- Add the lemon juice and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the mushrooms, then add to the dish.
- Heat the margarine in a non-stick saucepan and add the flour.
- Cook for 2 minutes over a low heat, stirring, then slowly add the water to make a puring sauce.
- Pour over the chickpeas / butter beans and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Cook in the oven at 180°C / 350°F / gas mark 4 for 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.