This is a nice little side dish, but it can also be eaten as a meal.
- 2 (12 ounces) cans chickpeas
- 2 apples
- 50 ml apple juice
- 50 g raisins
- 25 g butter
- 200 g bacon, diced
- 2 large onions, diced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Drain chickpeas and rinse under cold running water.
- Peel, core and roughly chop apples.
- Mix apples in a bowl with apple juice and raisins; leave to marinate a while.
- In a large non stick skillet, heat butter and fry diced bacon until crisp.
- Add diced onion and continue frying 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and fry until heated through (about 10 minutes).
- Season to taste and serve with apple salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.