Formatted by Lisa Crawford
- 12 uncooked corn tortillas
- 1 medium Anaheim or poblano chili, minced (or 2 x 4-oz cans diced green chilies)
- 2 to 3 cups grated jack cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 cup buttermilk
- salt and pepper
Optional items Edit
- 1 to 2 cups cooked pinto beans
- ½ lbs firm tofu, thinly sliced
- 1 cup chopped onion, sauteed
- 1 to garlic cloves, sauteed, minced
- 1 small zucchini, sliced and sautéed
- dash cumin, and dried bell pepper or oregano
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- butter or oil a 2-quart casserole or a 9-by-13-inch pan.
- Tear 6 tortillas into bite size pieces and spread them evenly in the casserole.
- Spread half the chilies and half the cheese over the tortillas (at this point, spread, sprinkle or place any optional items on top of the cheese)
- Tear the remaining tortillas and spread them on top.
- Follow with the remaining chilis and cheese.
- Beat the eggs and buttermilk together with salt and pepper to taste, and pour slowly over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.
- Serve hot, warm or at room temperature.
Nutritional information Edit
- 561 calories | 31g pro | 49g carb | 27g fat(43%) | 5.4g fiber | 268 mg chol | 657 mg sodium
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.