Chile Lime Tortilla Chips from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, government resource in the public domain
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Serves: 6
- non-fat cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon grated lime peel
- 4 flour tortillas (8" diameter)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- chile powder, to taste
- Heat oven to 350 °F.
- Spray a large cookie sheet with nonfat cooking spray.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine lime peel, lime juice, chile pepper, oil, honey and stir thoroughly.
- Using a pastry brush, brush tortillas with the lime mixture.
- Using a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut tortillas into 12 wedges.
- Place wedges on a single layer on cookie sheet and sprinkle with chile powder to desired amount.
- Bake for 8–10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.