This is an authentic Chilean recipe, makes great gifts ! Everyone who goes to Chile won't forget this.
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅞ cup butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 cup milk
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix together the flour and baking powder; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy.
- Blend in the egg yolks, one at a time.
- Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the milk.
- The dough will be stiff like a cookie dough.
- Divide the dough into 10 pieces and shape into balls.
- Roll each ball into a 9 inch circle.
- Place on cookie sheets and prick with a fork in several places.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Set aside.
- Make the Caramel Filling: In a sauce pan, boil the unopened cans of sweetened condensed milk for 3 hours.
- Monitor the water closely, to make sure there is always water in the pan.
- Remove can from heat and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- In a small measuring cup, combine the brandy and water.
- Place one cookie layer on serving plate.
- Sprinkle with brandy mixture, then spread with the now thickened condensed milk.
- Sprinkle with nuts.
- Continue stacking until all layers are used.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.