- 1 med onion chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced or pressed
- 2 tbsp butter - (½ stick)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- 3 cup cubed or shredded cooked chicken or turkey
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 cup corn kernels (fresh, frozen, or canned) drained
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- butter a 1½-quart casserole.
- In a heavy skillet cook the onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon of the butter over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until soft.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of the flour and the chicken broth.
- Cook, stirring until thickened, then add the chili powder, chicken, olives, and raisins.
- Spoon into the prepared casserole.
- Combine the corn, 1 tablespoon melted butter, 1 tablespoon flour, milk, beaten egg, and salt.
- Spoon the custard mixture over the chicken mixture.
- Bake the pie for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile, preheat the broiler.
- Then place the pie in the broiler and broil until the top is flecked with golden brown spots, a few minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.