- 1 1/2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 tablespoons lard
- 1/4 cup chopped onions or scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red Bell Peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely diced carrots
- 2 1/4 cups vegetable broth, heated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (optional)
- Rinse rice several times under cold water in a sieve and drain.
- Cook the Onion, bell pepper, and carrot in lard for 2 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook another minute, allowing rice to get thoroughly coated with lard.
- Add the hot broth, and salt and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes on low heat, until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender (do not stir while cooking).
- Fluff rice with a fork and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.