Makes approximately 4 dozen
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 1/2 cups Cheddar Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 1.25-ounce package chili seasoning mix
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- Taco Sauce
- Combine water and rice in 3-quart saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, stir once or twice.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- Add Cheese, eggs, and chili seasoning mix.
- Cool mixture to room temperature.
- Shape rice mixture into 2x1/2-inch sticks.
- Roll in bread crumbs.
- Refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
- Deep-fry sticks in hot vegetable oil until golden brown.
- Remove with slotted spoon; drain on paper towels.
- Serve with Taco Sauce.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.