- 1 tbsp virgin olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 bell peppers, red, green, yellow, cut into strips
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 tsp cumin, ground
- 1½ tsp leaf oregano
- 2 tsp fresh hot chili pepper or 1 tsp dried hot pepper flakes
- 12 oz chicken breasts, skinned and boneless
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil, add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add bell strips, sliced onion, cumin, oregano, and chile.
- Mix, cover, and cook over medium heat 10 minutes.
- Slice chicken in ½" strips and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Add vegetables; stir.
- Cook, covered, medium heat 10 minutes more.
- Stirring occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper and garnish with parsley.
- Serve with "hash browns potatoes".
Nutritional information Edit
- food exchange per serving: 3 low/fat meat + 1 vegetable
- calories: 174 | cho: 60 mg | car: 6g | pro: 23g | sod: 168 mg | fat: 6g
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.