Purchased from Sanderson Estate in Bonham, Texas in 1984. Date and source unknown. I have made these several times and they are fabulous.
- 24 ounces canned whole green chilies, drained
- 1 pound Pepper Jack Cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Remove seeds from chile peppers (I don't because I like the seeds).
- Rinse and pat dry.
- Grease shallow baking dish and make 3 layers each of chile peppers and Cheese, starting with a layer of peppers.
- In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, flour, paprika, baking powder and salt.
- Beat with a fork until well mixed. Pour over layers in baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Contributed by Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.