Makes 6 servings.
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 1 cup canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound frankfurters
- Cook Onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Add rice, tomatoes, salt, Sugar, chili powder and garlic powder.
- Spoon into buttered 2-quart casserole.
- With sharp knife, score frankfurters, cutting almost through.
- Arrange several over top of rice mixture. Place remainder in well-buttered dish or pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.