Makes 6 servings.
- 1 pound lean ground Beef
- 1 cup chopped Onion
- 1 7-1/2-ounce can whole tomatoes
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cooked or canned kidney beans
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- Cook Beef and Onion in large saucepan until meat loses its pink color, stirring frequently to crumble meat.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, salt, garlic powder, oregano, pepper and cumin.
- Bring to a boil; stir well.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add beans; cook 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve over hot rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.