Source: The Great Hot Sauce Book by Jennifer Trainer Thompson
- Yields: 8 servings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 cups avocado pulp — about 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cucumber — peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white onion[ — diced
- 1 lime — zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons jalapeño sauce
- sour cream — for garnish
- Blend buttermilk and avocados in blender then add cucumber, onion, lime juice (reserving the zest), salt and pepper.
- With blender running, add milk, water and hot sauce.
- Chill soup.
- Serve garnished with a dollop of sour cream and a little lime zest.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.