Makes about six servings
- 2 qt water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stalk cinnamon crushed
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 10 cups pitted and sliced red plums about 5½ lbs
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup dry red wine chilled
- 1 cup heavy cream whipped
- thinly sliced plums for garnish
- In large non-aluminum soup pot, combine first five ingredients.
- Bring to boil; add plums.
- Simmer 30 minutes; strain through fine sieve.
- Discard solids.
- Mix cornstarch with cold water to make slurry (thin paste).
- Beat slurry into hot soup, stirring constantly.
- Continuing to stir, bring soup back to boil, them remove from heat.
- Just before serving, stir in wine.
- Top each serving with spoonful of whipped cream, thinly sliced plums.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.