Description EditThis delicious Chicken Noodle Soup is accented with sesame and green onions for a dish you'll regret if you # M.iss.
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut crosswise into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons chili- garlic sauce
- 4 cups chopped napa cabbage (from 1 head)
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 8 cups canned low-salt chicken broth
- 1 x 14-ounce package fresh yakisoba noodles or Chinese pan-fry noodles
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Mix the chicken, sherry, soy sauce, and 1 tablespoon of sesame oil in a bowl.
- Chill for 2 hours.
- Add the garlic, ginger, sugar, vinegar, tahini, and chili sauce together in another bowl.
- Add one tablespoon of sesame seed oil, cabbage and green onions, broth and bring all to boil.
- Add the chicken to the pot.
- Reduce heat and let simmer until chicken is cooked approx 7-9 minutes.
- Cook noodles in boiling water until they are tender approx 5 - 7 minutes.
- Drain the pot and add in the soup.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.