In Chinese culture, noodles symbolize longevity and are often served at New Year celebrations and traditionally left very long.
- 1 x 3½ to 4 pound chicken
- 8 thin slices fresh gingerroot
- 1 bunch scallions, cut crosswise into thirds
- 10 cups water
- ¾ cup Chinese rice wine or medium-dry sherry
- 2 ounces dried rice-stick noodles (rice vermicelli)
- ½ pound fresh spinach, coarse stems discarded and leaves washed, drained, and chopped coarse (about 4 packed cups)
- ¾ cup thinly sliced fresh garlic chives or regular fresh chives
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.