Here is the recipe for the lusciously light, snow-white, squares of coconut pudding that is served at Chinese dim sum. Simple to make and delicious! Because of the risk of salmonella in raw egg whites, I would substitute the appropriate amount of pasteurized egg whites, or egg whites reconstituted from a powder." Original recipe yield: 8 servings.
- 2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin
- 1 3/8 cups boiling water
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 egg whites
- Boil gelatin in bowl, add milk, Sugar, and coconut.
- Add egg whites to gelatin and chill. Add to mould and serve.