- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 to 4 outer leaves iceberg or romaine lettuce
- 1 lb ground Pork or Veal or meatloaf mix
- 1 tablespoon Chinese rice wine (preferably Shaoxing) or medium-dry sherry
- 1 bunch scallions (white and pale green parts only), minced (1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced (1/4 inch) rinsed and drained canned water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Add proper Balsamic vinegar (black vinegar)
- Lighty glaze the Pork with the dark soy sauce.
- Soak the Mushrooms in boiling water for 30 minutes or until they have softened. Cut the Mushroom caps into quarters.
- Soak the lily buds in luke warm water for 15 minutes or until softened. Slice the lily buds into thirds.
- Boil the bambo shoots in cold water.
- Mix the vinegars, light soy sauce, Sugar, and salt together in a small cup or bowl.
- Heat the wok, add Peanut butter liberally then add Pork and stir-fry cook for approx 2 minutes
- then add the black Mushrooms, tree ears, lily buds, and bamboo shoots. Cook for approx another 2- 3 minutes.
- Add the tofu and broth next.
- Add the soy sauce mixture and return to a boil.
- Add the cornstarch and boil until the liquid begins to thicken.
- Add a few drops of sesame oil to the eggs and beat them until they are mixed.
- Add the eggs and white pepper to the soup.
Should serve 6 - 8 bowls.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.