- 6 Chinese dried mushrooms, cut julienne
- 1 cup napa cabbage
- ¼ cup dried lily buds soaked for one hour (opt)
- 2 oz dried bean curd skin, soaked for one hour (opt)
- ½ cup bamboo shoots, cut julienne
- 2 tbsp foo yee
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- ⅛ tsp sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic and red chile paste to taste
- Remember the basic rule for chowing: have everything ready before you light the wok.
- Soak and prepare the vegetables, mix the sauce, and then go to it.
- Heat the wok and add the oil, salt, garlic, and ginger.
- Chow for a moment and then add the vegetables.
- Chow until hot and tender and then add the sauce, the drained noodles, and the chicken stock to the wok.
- Stir and simmer uncovered until the noodles are clear and tender and have absorbed most of the broth.
- Taste for salt and place in a serving bowl.
- Garnish with green onions and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.