Makes 12 servings.
- 1¾ quarts cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ cups milk
- 1½ cups grated Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs, separated
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Blend in flour, salt, mustard and paprika.
- Add milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
- Add cheese and cook until cheese melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir into rice.
- Beat egg yolks until well blended. Stir into rice mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Stir about ½ cup beaten whites into rice mixture. Mix well.
- Fold remaining whites into mixture.
- Pour into baking pan (10x12x2-inches), greased on bottom only.
- Bake at 325 °F for 1 hour or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cut into 3x3-inch pieces.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.