Yields 8 tarts
- 100 grams sago (available at Asian markets)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Wheat starch tang flour (available at Asian markets)
- 4 tablespoons lotus seed puree (available at Asian markets)
- Rinse and soak the sago in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Bring the water to boil in a medium saucepan. Add the sago.
- Boil until it loses its color and becomes transparent. Rinse in cold water and drain thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl, stir the Sugar and cooked sago into the Wheat starch.
- Shape 1/2 tablespoon sago into a tart shell. Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of the lotus seed puree.
- Add more sago to cover.
- Steam the tarts over high heat until they are transparent (about 15 minutes).
- Cool briefly, then turn the tarts out of the mold.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.