- 24 oz firm tofu
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 6 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 2 medium green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp sake or white wine
- 1½ tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 3 tbsp water
- Cut tofu crosswise into pieces the shape of French-fried potatoes.
- Heat a wok, coat with oil and sprinkle on the salt.
- Add onion, then the mushrooms, stir frying each over high heat for about 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add carrot, green pepper and tofu in that order, sautéing each for about 1 minute.
- Reduce heat to low and add sake, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and water.
- Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in dissolved cornstarch and simmer 30 seconds for another 30 seconds.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.