- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon black soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons black tea leaves
- 2 pods star anise
- 1 (2 inch) piece cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon tangerine zest
- Combine eggs and salt together in a small pan and fill with cold water.
- Once the water begins to boil, lower heat, and allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once the eggs have cooled down crack the shells.
- Mix 3 cups water, soy sauce, black soy sauce, salt, tea leaves, star anise, cinnamon stick, and tangerine zest in a large pot.
- After the water is boiling, remove it from the heat and add the cracked eggs.
- Let the eggs sit for eight hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.