Note: this recipe is endlessly adaptable. There are a few fixed ingredients and some that may vary with seasonal changes and different tastes. Where amounts are given they are for 6 servings.
The musts Edit
- 3 clove garlic pressed or chopped
- 1 tsp fresh ginger smashed/chopped
- salt to taste
- soy sauce to taste
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 onion
- ½ cup water
The variables Edit
- green pepper
- bok choy
- napa cabbage
- bean sprouts
- water chestnuts
- snow peas
- green beans
- Sauté garlic, ginger and salt, then celery and onoins.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes add the longer-cooking vegetables one at a time saute and stir each for a few minutes before adding the next add tofu after green pepper, carrots and mushrooms.
- Add generous dashes of soy sauce over tofu allow tofu to saute 5-6 minutes, then add cabbage cover the pan and steam for 10 minutes add bean sprouts, if desired sprinkle with sesame seeds serve immediately over hot brown rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.