- 600 g or 4½ cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 200 g or ⅘ cups water
- 700 g (25 oz) meat
- 800 g (28 oz) onions
- 160 g (5 – 6 oz) mutton fat
- salt, pepper and cumin to taste
- For the filling, combine finely diced (or minced) meat with chopped onions and fat, salt and spices.
- To make dough, add water, salt and egg to sifted flour, let stand for 30 – 40 minutes.
- Cut dough into 20g (7/10 oz) pieces and roll out each piece into small flat rounds.
- Place a spoonful of filling (40g or 1½ oz) in the center, pinch edges up around the filling forming a ball and completely enclosing the meat.
- Join the sides of two samsa together and coat with beaten egg.
- Place on a greased pan and bake 25 – 30 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.