Chipotle Orange Sweet Potatoes from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 8
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- 1 small can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (you will be using 2 tablespoons of the adobo sauce in the recipe)
- juice of 1 orange
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Bake sweet potatoes directly on oven racks for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with a fork.
- Remove potatoes from oven, slice in quarters.
- Carefully slide the potato skins off and discard (careful—the potatoes are very hot!)
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and mash.
- Add 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce to the potatoes and blend thoroughly (if your tongue can take it and you want a more fiery and spicier dish, mix some chopped chipotle peppers into the potatoes).
- Add the orange juice and salt.
- Mix until blended.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.