Chirmol salsa is a national favorite in Guatemala. The word "chirmol" means "smashed tomatoes."
- 3 x scallions
- 12 med -size vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 x cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbl olive oil
- 1 x lime, juice only
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 x jalapeño, seeded and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill scallions and chop.
- Grill tomatoes whole until soft; grill corn. (You may do the grilling by any method; it may be done ahead of time unless you wish to serve the salsa hot.)
- Combine tomatoes, scallions and garlic in a bowl and "smash," i.e. break up, tomatoes.
- Add olive oil, lime juice, grilled corn kernels, cilantro, jalapeño and salt and pepper.
- Serve hot or cold over striped bass, Swordfish or other white .
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.