Contributed by Pets Holistic Med Community
Pets Holistic Med is a community based on Holistic Pet Care Issues. Membership to the site is free. Also, feel free to participate in the Pet Holistic Forums, check out our free articles, web resources and our eBook.
Dr. Mayra Alfonso has published a Holistic Pet Care Guide exclusively available on this site. This manual is a must for pet owners. Be sure you know the facts about your pets health care options before damaging your pets health and well being with dangerous and risky treatments!
- 1 piece of chicken for every 20 lbs. your dog/puppy is(on the bone for extra flavor)
- 2 carrots (or about 10 baby carrots)
- 2 potatoes
- 1 celery stick
- 1 – 2 cups rice
- 2 tablespoons of garlic powder
- 1 cup water
- Cook the chicken on the bone completely, with a pan to catch the broth.
- Chop celery and the carrots (if not using baby size) into about 10 pieces.
- Then, cut potatoes into small cubes.
- Cook vegetables until soft.
- Cook the rice as suggested on the package.
- Put everything in a pot and stir.
- Take the gravy from under the pan you cooked it on, and pour it into the pot also.
- Stir well.
- Let cool in the refrigerator for about 1 – 1½ hours.
- Take the doggie stew out and let it sit for about 5 – 10 minutes.