- 8 to 10 servings.
- Note: If desired, increase fruit to 2 cups, arrange 1 cup between layers; remainder on top.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup Hershey's cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed or 2 cups sweetened whipped cream
- 1 cup sliced sweetened strawberries, raspberries or favorite fruit
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch round baking pans.
- In large bowl, stir together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Add water, oil, vinegar and vanilla; beat with spoon or whisk until batter is smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks.
- Cool completely.
- Place one layer on serving plate; spread 1 cup whipped topping over top of layer.
- Top with second layer and remaining topping.
- Before serving, arrange sliced sweetened strawberries or fruit, well drained, on top of torte.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.