These are dates with an almond stuck inside them and dipped in chocolate and then one end dipped in chopped almonds which makes them look like acorns. Yummy.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 40 candies
- ¾ cup shelled whole natural almonds
- 10 oz container whole pitted dates
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tsp oil
- 6 oz milk chocolate, chopped
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Toast almonds on baking sheet 10 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Let cool slightly.
- Line second baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Stuff each date with an almond.
- Finely chop remaining almonds.
- Melt semisweet chocolate and 1 tsp oil in microwave bowl in microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip half the dates into semisweet chocolate.
- Place on wax paper lined sheet.
- Melt milk chocolate and remaining oil as above.
- Dip remaining dates.
- Chill all dates until firm.
- Remove dates from refrigerator.
- Remelt chocolates.
- Dip end in different chocolate, then in ground almonds.
- Set on wax paper.
- Chill until firm.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.